OFSTED Report: 18 th January 2023
- Pupils love going to North Newton School. Their parents agree and would recommend the school to others.
- Pupils are happy.
- Caring staff, who know individual children well, keep them safe.
- Leaders have high expectations of what pupils can achieve.
- Pupils do well.
- They become confident readers and mathematicians.
- They enjoy studying other subjects, including learning French.
- Pupils talk with animation about their ‘reading challenge’. This encourages them to read more and wider, critically reviewing and writing about what they have read.
- There is a strong focus on pupils developing key vocabulary and explaining their thinking from the very start.
- Staff know all pupils well, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). Behaviour around the school is calm and orderly. Pupils are polite and welcoming.
- All the school’s work is underpinned by a strong sense of caring for each other.
- Pupils say they feel safe, and their parents agree.
- Parents praise the ‘warmth’ of staff whom they say are ‘nurturing’ and ‘approachable’.
2017 Inspection Headlines
We were most recently Inspected 21st November 2017
“Your school provides a happy and exciting place in which children can learn.”
“Your commitment to provide a rich and rounded education for pupils can be seen in the wide range of clubs the school provides. Your curriculum provision creates curiosity and a thirst for knowledge in your pupils. Teachers start with what pupils know, understand and can do and design the curriculum around these key aspects. Pupils’ writing has been enhanced through the many opportunities for writing across other subjects – writing is now a strength in the school.”
“Safeguarding is effective…we have created a strong culture of safeguarding within the school.”
“Parents are positive about their child’s education and strongly praise the approachability of the staff team.”