From September, All Key Stage 1 children will receive a free hot school meal as part of the Government’s initiative. Key Stage 2 children will be able to have a hot or cold meal with pudding for £2.60 per day. The catering team we are using is Taylor Shaw and they are working hard to ensure your child receives a quality meal.
At North Newton, we have worked incredibly hard to organise this provision and we hope your child continues to enjoy the meals. They are currently cooked at Somerset Bridge School and brought to North Newton. From September, the meals will be cooked at a brand new kitchen ‘pod’ based at St Mary’s Primary School, Bridgwater and brought to North Newton. The kitchen facilities in the Dining Room will be replaced over the summer holidays to ensure we adhere to the Health and Safety requirements. Somerset County Council have funded some of this and we have funded the shortfall. We believe we will offer your child a decent hot school meal (or a packed lunch should you prefer when ordering).For further information and details about our meal providers, please log onto Taylor Shaw’s website on: www.taylorshaw.com
To help with the continued smooth running of the system please note the following:
- Children may choose to eat for the whole week or individual days of your choice.
- NEW to September – Meals will be ordered in 3-week blocks to avoid the weekly choosing.
- Menus and money (£2.60 per meal for KS2 only) must be received by 9.00 a.m. on the Thursday preceding menu week.
- Please tick the box clearly against your child’s order requirement.
- Menus and money should be sent to the school office clearly marked “SCHOOL MEALS.” Dinner money must be separate from all other school payments.
- Cheques should be made payable to “Taylor Shaw” with a minimum value of £10 otherwise please pay cash.
If your child has ordered a meal and will be absent, please ring the school by 9.15 a.m. on the day of the absence so that the meal can be cancelled and you can receive a credit.
You may find this link of interest: Nutritionist Resource www.nutritionist-resource.org.uk